Sunday, June 10, 2012

quesadilla burgers

        Giving up bread was the hardest thing about going gluten-free. There are gluten-free breads, and hamburger buns available, but they may not be as affordable or as accessible.
Regular buns cost about $1 for an 8 pack, while gluten-free buns are around $7 for a pack of four. 
        Quesadilla burgers are an awesome way to still enjoy hamburgers at a barbecue, and even to entertain with. We really like white corn tortillas in my house, they have a milder flavor than regular yellow corn tortillas. I love the crunch of a pickle with my burger, so I added sliced pickles to mine. But corn salsa is really good in this, with pepperjack cheese, I use this dairy-free cheese


Even if you aren't gluten-free I recommend trying this out.


You can leave a hamburger patty whole and use two corn tortillas with cheese on top and bottom, (YUM) or you can slice it like I did.
Fixings for my quesadilla burger, and my home-made onion rings!

Ingredients
Hamburger patty
White corn tortillas
Cheese of your choice
Toppings: Salsa, pickles, jalapenos, bacon

Onion Rings:
two medium white onions
1/2 cup corn starch
1 cup all purpose gf flour
Garlic powder
Chile powder
Sea salt 
Pepper
1 cup tonic water
Grapeseed oil for frying


Happy barbecue season! I am definitely taking advantage of my grill this summer & encourage everyone to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment