Sunday, February 10, 2013

gluten-free spicy chicken sandwich

        I used to love stopping at a drive-thru and grabbing a spicy chicken sandwich on my way home from school. I haven't had one in about two years. I forgot about them when I started making gluten-free versions of my favorite foods.

Ore-Ida makes gluten-free frozen french fries, but I made some steak fries from good ole Russet Potatoes, tossed in oil, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Baked in a 400 degree oven for 20-35 minutes depending on how thin you cut your potatoes and how hot your oven gets.

For my spicy chicken I used
Tapatio hot sauce
Rice Chex cereal
Instant mashed potato flakes
Salt, pepper & garlic powder

I marinated the uncooked chicken tenders in hot sauce & water. I like using the tenders because they are small and easy because you don't have to clean them or cut them into more manageable pieces.

I crushed the cereal and mixed it with potato flakes and seasonings in a large ziploc bag. One by one I added a piece of chicken to the bag to shake and coat with my "breading".

In a parchment lined baking dish, I placed the breaded chicken & put in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. When the chicken is golden-brown, remove from oven.

Lettuce, tomato, mayo on my gluten-free roll, I had the best chicken sandwich of my life.


       

1 comment: