Sunday, November 23, 2014

Daily Gluten-free Menu--best pizza crust ever

It has come to my attention how neglected my blog has been this year. I've been so busy getting back on track with my education, and fawning over my amazing nephew, helping with his 4th birthday this summer. 

Being busy and living a gluten-free life is a bit challenging as it takes planning and dedication. Those of us with Celiac do not have the luxury of grabbing fast food on the way home. I wanted to do an experiment where I documented my average meals through the week.

Here's what my breakfasts tend to look like:

Ore Ida tater tots are a staple. There are always some in my freezer.
  
PB&J on Udi's with raisins and coffee

 Biscuits and gravy made with 1-2-3 biscuit mix. I season and brown ground beef & make a quick dairy free gravy with Almond milk, Chicken Stock, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and thicken with instant mashed potatoe flakes.


Bacon, egg, tots, Udi's toast

Lunches:


 Turkey Sandwich on Udi's multigrain

Leftover Pizza. Recipe at the end. I couldn't wait to share it.


This lunch was something I threw together because we needed groceries. It's a hot dog I grilled outside and a quick broccoli mac and cheese with corn pasta. I made the sauce with a couple of Go Veggie mozzarella slices, almond milk, butter, and salt, pepper, garlic powder. It was actually tasty.
 This was a lunch I forced myself to eat when I was really under the weather. Another turkey sandwich on Udi's and a bowl of Progresso Chicken & Rice soup.
 Dinner:

Rather tasty burger on Udi's bun & Ore Ida crinkle fries

 Pasta with homemade ground beef red sauce, steamed carrots and corn. Plus a side of garlic toast.
 Roast Chicken, steamed carrots, green beans, and my easy broccoli rice
 This is my new favorite pizza. I'm obsessed. I adapted a couple of recipes & I am in love.

Pizza Crust Recipe:

What you need:

2 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 egg
1 Tbsp canola oil (olive oil or vegetable are ok)
1 1/2 cups GF all purpose flour 
1/2 tsp salt 
1 tsp baking powder

(Optional):
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley or Italian seasoning blend

Directions:

1.) add yeast and sugar to the warm water and let stand for at least 5 minutes.

2.) mix egg and oil in a large bowl. Preheat oven to 425' Fahrenheit.

3.) Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and add the now frothy yeast/ water mixture.

4.) Spread onto parchment covered (or greased) cookie sheet or pizza pan. 

5.) Bake for five minutes.

6.) Remove from oven, add toppings and bake for another 8-10 minutes.

This crust is heaven. It's a little chewy, a little crispy, a lot delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. I am now officially hungry! Everything looks so good. I'll have to try the recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete